City of San Diego Retired Employees’ Association
Articles of Incorporation
The name of this corporation is CITY OF SAN DIEGO RETIRED EMPLOYEES’ ASSOCIATION, INC. (hereafter referred to as Association).
This corporation is a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation organized under the Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation Law. The purpose of this corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be organized under such law.
The specific purposes of this corporation are to:
- Advance the social and economic welfare of the Association’s retired members and their beneficiaries.
- Present the rights and interests of retired members and beneficiaries when and where matters affecting their welfare are discussed.
- Provide non-monetary assistance to the retired members in proper and legitimate ways.
- Encourage love of our country and respect for its democratic institutions, and foster loyalty to the constitution of the United States.
- Promote fraternal relationships between all retired and active employees of the public agencies from which members of the Association are drawn.
- Provide opportunities to members for increasing their knowledge of, and interest in, the world around them, and for enhancing their enjoyment of life
This corporation shall be governed by a Board of Directors.
The authorized number and qualifications of the directors of this corporation, the nomination and election procedures of the directors, and the terms served by the directors are set forth in the Corporation By-laws.
The public agencies from which members of the Association shall be drawn shall be set forth in the Corporation By-laws
Any desired provision for the regulation of the affairs of this corporation, consistent with the law, including restriction upon the power to amend all or any part of the Articles of Incorporation, shall be set forth in the Corporation By-laws.
The name and address in the State of California of this corporation’s initial agent for service of process is: Sylvia Tatum, Treasurer, 4185 Galt Street, San Diego, CA 92117.
Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the specific purposes of this corporation.
Executed in San Diego, California, 14 May 2002 by:
Nancy J Acevedo, President, Incorporator
Merrill M. Day, Vice-president, Incorporator
Robert E. Cain, Secretary, Incorporator
Sylvia C. Tatum, Treasurer, Incorporator
Adam G. Saling, Member, Board of Directors, Incorporator